Conventional (customised) orthodontics
Elmsleigh House Dental Clinic offers conventional orthodontics or dental braces in Farnham. Conventional (customised) orthodontics involves moving the teeth for a variety of reasons and using different techniques. For children, an orthodontic assessment gives us the opportunity to treat problems early and minimise the need for more complex orthodontic treatment in the future. For adults, overcrowded or gappy teeth can cause difficulties with biting and chewing, and may affect your self-confidence and your smile.
Kostas Spathoulas, our Specialist in Orthodontics, will carry out an initial assessment to determine your conventional orthodontic needs. He will listen to your concerns about your or your child’s teeth, and will perform a thorough clinical examination. Sophisticated imaging software is used to create a 3D image of your exact tooth positioning, enabling a bespoke solution to be designed. Kostas will discuss all treatment options with you, and your treatment plan will detail your customised orthodontic solution with all costs involved.
For patients who are looking to straighten crooked teeth, remove teeth gaps, realign protruding or crowded teeth, eliminate deep over bite and under bite, and close an open bite in Farnham, braces is an option.
Our customised orthodontic treatments include:
- Treating the affects of mouthbreathing, reverse swallow, incorrect lip and tongue function and thumb sucking in children from the age of 6 years (duration 6-10 months)
- Using orthodontic low-friction Damon fixed appliances to align all teeth, ensuring there is space for permanent teeth to emerge (duration 9–24 months)
- Using orthodontic computer-aided smile design with custom-made, low-friction Insignia fixed appliances to align teeth (duration 12–15 months)
- Using Incognito custom-made Lingual (fitted behind the teeth) fixed appliances to align teeth discretely (duration 12–18 months)
- Using Invisalign custom-made, clear, removable aligners (duration 12–16 months).
During your customised orthodontic consultation, Kostas will discuss the best treatment option to meet your or your child’s individual needs.