Single missing tooth
Losing a tooth for whatever reason can be distressing. We understand this, and we have helped thousands of patients who have decided to replace their missing tooth with a dental implant.
A dental implant comprises a small titanium screw that is inserted in your jaw bone, an implant post that protrudes through your gum and an implant crown that is fixed onto the post, which looks, acts and feels like your natural tooth. Dental implants maintain support to your neighbouring teeth and underlying jaw bone, keeping them strong and healthy. They are long-lasting and secure, enabling you to bite, chew and smile with confidence.
The dental implant process
- The Advantage™ Implant Consult. This hour-long appointment gives our dental implant team a chance to get to know you, to understand your concerns, to assess your dental health and to determine your treatment options. You will be sent a full written treatment plan including the fees for each stage, and we guarantee that your fees will not change throughout treatment.
- Any preparatory work. Whether we need to remove an existing damaged tooth, regenerate lost bone or rebuild some of the gum tissue, we can do all preparatory work at Elmsleigh House. Healing time varies, and your treatment plan will detail the timing of your stages.
- Dental implant surgery. This involves two key stages: placing a titanium implant in your jaw bone; and placing a healing cap onto your implant. It can be possible to place the implant and healing cap in only one operation; but if this is not possible, we will outline the timings of each stage, allowing healing time to ensure effective integration of the implant into your jaw bone.
For most people, surgery is carried out under local anaesthetic; however, for more nervous patients we offer a range of sedation options.
- Restorative work. Your implant crown will be handmade to match the precise shape, colour and lustre of your other teeth, so that no one will know you have a replacement tooth. If you came to us as a referred patient, your own dentist may be able to perform your restorative treatment.
- Review and maintenance. We offer a complimentary review twelve months after we have completed your treatment. Our twelve-month guarantee on all our dental implant treatments ensures you have peace of mind that you will be satisfied with your implant treatment with no hidden costs.
- For most people, surgery is carried out under local anaesthetic; however, for more nervous patients we offer a range of sedation options.
With good oral care and regular visits to your hygienist, your dental implants will be long-lasting and life-changing. We have patients who we placed dental implants in more than 25 years ago continue to be happy with their fixed teeth.