Dental implants in Farnham can be the perfect solution for people with missing teeth. Elmsleigh House Dental Clinic offers a selection of treatments with dental implants, designed to put a smile back on the faces of those who have lost, one, some, or all of their natural teeth, whatever the cause of their tooth loss.
Our Farnham dental clinic welcomes new patients for consultations about dental implants, no matter how many teeth they need to replace. After taking all necessary scans and conducting an examination, your dentist will determine how many dental implants you need.
You will need minor oral surgery for the placement of dental implants in Farnham, and whilst most people only need local anaesthetic for this procedure, our clinic also offers a variety of sedation options for nervous and phobic patients, or those who struggle to keep their mouth open for long periods.
Once your dental implants have been placed, your dentist will provide you with detailed aftercare instructions for both the short and long term. In the immediate aftermath of implant surgery, you should:
- Avoid touching the site of your dental implants with your tongue or finger – no matter how tempting
- Avoid excessively hot or cold food and drinks for a few days
- Don’t smoke, or the healing process will be impaired
- Use any mouth rinse your dentist recommends, and follow their cleaning instructions
- Manage discomfort with over-the-counter pain relief, and report back to our Farnham clinic if this fails to work or you experience excessive bleeding
When your implants have healed and been restored with bridgework, a denture, or a crown, you will want to take care of them to avoid the risk of infection threatening your new teeth. Caring for dental implants and the teeth attached is all about good oral hygiene:
- Clean your teeth twice a day, as your hygienist advises
- If you have a removable implant-retained denture, be sure to gently brush your gums and tongue at the same time as cleaning the denture
- Attend regular appointments with the dentist and hygienist at our Farnham clinic
- Report any gum problems (eg bleeding) immediately